Aug 10, 2010

What's In My Backpack

If you know me, you know that I claim that I like to read.  Actually, I just see a lot of books that I think would be great to read and usually carry them around in my backpack intending to find time to read them.  I have gotten better lately and made it a matter to read more consistently.  With all that being said, here is what is currently in my backpack that I am trying to read:

1.  Transformational Church: Creating a New Scorecard for Congregations by Ed Stetzer and Thom Rainer.  Great read so far on what churches that are really making a missional difference are doing differently. 
2.  The New Shape of World Christianity: How American Experience Reflects Global Faith by Mark Noll.  Picked this up on my Kindle Sunday night after hearing John Piper quote some from it.  Fascinating read about the changing face of Christianity globally.
3.  The Hole in Our Gospel: What does God expect of Us? The Answer that Changed my Life and Might Just Change the World by Richard Stearns.  Got this free from my latest Aqua Box from Catalyst.  It was the 2009 Christianity Today Book of the Year.  I really want to dig into this soon especially after reading Radical by David Platt.
4.  The Trellis and the Vine: The Ministry Mind-shift that Changes Everything by Collin Marshall and Tony Payne. Started this one several weeks ago, but got diverted to some other ones.  Looks like a great read though.
5.  Firstborn Advantage, The: Making Your Birth Order Work for You by Kevin Leman. Like the stuff by this guy. 
6.  The Masculine Mandate: God's Calling to Men by Richard Phillips. Also started this a few weeks ago.  Really different by biblically balanced look at God's role for men.

Pick up some of these.  They would make great reads.

0 comments: