Aug 11, 2008

Monday Morning Observations

Alright, here are some things on my mind as we start off the week:

  • We have a people problem at Westwood on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am. Now mind you, it' a good problem to have, but it makes it no less of a headache. This past year, we spent about $1 million dollars to build a new building for small groups and create some more paved parking on campus. I really believed that this parking expansion would buy us some months before we were congested again. Wrong! Yesterday, we had every parking spot full and people were parked around the curbs pretty much all around the campus. That's exciting and depressing at the same time. Now we have to handle a pretty complex congestion problem and make room for more.
  • Even though we were crowded, the worship services did not feel too bad. Big thanks goes out to Michael Helms and his First Impressions team for stepping up yesterday. We still need a lot of people to help at 11:00. Big thanks also goes out to all the Westwood people who stepped up and came at worship at 8:00, creating room at 9:30 and 11:00.
  • The men's relay team in swimming kicked tail last night winning the gold medal. When Jason Lesak closed on that dude from France and won, I thought I was going to wake the whole house! Way to go guys!
  • I looked at the paper yesterday and saw that Bernie Mac died over the weekend. That was a surprise. He was a funny man! His character in Transformers last year was classic.
  • I have got to finish my Preliminary Project Proposal today and get it in the mail. It may actually be late, but by finishing it and e-mailing a copy to my faculty mentor, I hope I am making the deadline. I am about sick of this whole process and many days wish I could throw in the towel. Only a little more to go.
  • Nathan started football practice last week for the first time. It took a few days of getting knocked on his tail, but I think he's starting to get it.
  • The MSU football team kicks off in 20 days. This is the first time most MSU fans have been able to have high expectations in a while. Pegues got suspended for the first game for not going to class. That's disappointing.
That's about all for now.

0 comments: