Jul 20, 2008

Quick Update

I just noticed that I haven't posted anything in several weeks. Too busy. Lots in my head, hard to find time to put it down. Here's a quick update:

1. Busy summer with the kids. Nathan has signed up for football. It's his first year. It should be an eye-opening experience. He's in the 105-pound league and will probably start out playing defensive line or linebacker. Conditioning drills have started with lots of running and footwork. Seems to be having fun so far.
2. Had a great 4th of July weekend in Columbus with my family. Cookout, fireworks, and homemade ice cream!
3. Finished my last doctoral seminar and now have to start the project phase. Looking to do a project discipling college students. Have to go back to New Orleans in September for a project design workshop.
4. The Red Sox are driving me nuts. Got way behind the Rays (how strange does that sound), got back into it before the All-Star game, and have now dropped 2 to the Angels going into tonight. Need to get Papi back and score some more runs. Typical July slump for the Sox.
5. Went to see The Dark Kight today! Been waiting on this one for a while. I'll write more on it later. In all, have seen lots of movies this summer - Iron Man, Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Wall-E, and now The Dark Knight.
6. Enjoying my Father's Day present - a 46" Panasonic Plasma 720p television! And, it went down last week and I got $118 back from Best Buy!
7. Been very convicted lately that I need to spend more time in God's Word. Too much ministry, not enough personal time with God. Feeling the effects lately. Also need to do a better job praying with my kids and teaching them how to pray.

0 comments: